Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Yummy Chicken

Last week my football team, the Chargers, played on Thursday night. (Let's not talk about how the actual game went..) So I really wanted to eat something footballish (ok now I'm making up words...) For instance, things I've done for football games before included, pizza, chicken wings, tacos... So when I came across a recipe using chicken drumsticks and the word spicy I was sold! I decided to give it a try, and let me tell you it was delicious!!!! I make a lot of chicken, so I'm always excited when I find a new way to cook it!
So here's what I did...Get a pack of chicken drumsticks(I have also since used chicken thighs and they were just as good), however many you want to make, I made a package of six and had some for lunch the next day! Then make a dry mixture of chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. How much of each you use really depends on how spicy or how salty or how peppery you want it! I used more of the spicy ingredients. (I'd shoot for 2 tsp of the chili powder and closer to 1 tsp for the rest) Then add three gloves of garlic minced. And finally top it off with about 3 Tbls of coconut oil, melted, to help coat it to the chicken. Oven at 375 degrees and cook for about one hour. Did I mention this was a SIMPLE recipe???
So there you go, simple, yummy, Paleo approved, football appropriate food!

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by consuming Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete