Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Mashed Potatoes....Or....


For my families Easter dinner we basically re-make the traditional Thanksgiving meal, since we love turkey and all the fixings so much. So last Thanksgiving I decided to try out this much talked about substitute for mashed potatoes....cause I mean I love mashed potatoes but they really aren't very healthy, esp in the quantity I like to eat them on big holidays =)

So I made mashed cauliflower. I know sounds like it couldn't possibly stand up next to the real thing, but surprisingly enough it does a pretty darn good job. Of course it's not the same thing, but it tastes good and its guilt free! Basically to make them you just boil up a whole bunch of cauliflower instead of potatoes, then just blend them with some I can't believe it's not butter, a little half and half and I use garlic salt and pepper. I'm just saying it's worth a try.

I have heard MANY different versions of this dish, this is how I made it, but I've heard of people adding cheese or scallions....all sorts of different things. Play around with it and find a way you like them, of course try not to add all the unhealthy calories back by adding bacon or something...even though we all know bacon makes EVERYTHING taste good. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment