Friday, January 22, 2010

Chicken Lettuce Wraps!!!

Tonight I made Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Soooo good, and healthy! Here is the picture in the book of what it is supposed to look like....

I'm happy to say mine looked pretty similar, however I added a few things the recipe didn't have, such as shitake mushrooms instead of regular, and I used red cabbage instead of green. I also added bean sprouts. I use butter lettuce because I found that it is already shaped well for acting as a tortilla. Honestly you can always substitute lettuce for anything you use tortillas for. Great way to reduce calories! Here's what mine looked like in the pan.
It's always fun to find a recipe and then play with it and make it your own. Eating and cooking can be FUN, and it should be. Being healthy isn't about losing out on eating good food, its about learning how to cook healthy food and make it super flavorful!


FYI Moment: Take your vitamins! Find a good multivitamin, I use one a day for women, and make sure you take it everyday! Most of the time you will also need a few extras...I take calcium and fish oils as well.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. Can you post the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, post the recipe so I can make it next time John is home for dinner! Looks yummy...

    ReplyDelete