Thursday, January 21, 2010

This Weather!

Ok so I don't know about you but this weather makes me want to just curl up on my couch and watch a movie. It is tuff to get motivated to get up, get dressed, and venture to the gym. I struggled today to get myself there, but once I finally did boy was it worth it! I really feel for people in Seattle, here in SD we have about one week of this weather, then sun the rest of the year. So if we let the weather get to us and get down a little, don't make it to the gym, at least it only effects us for a short period. I've been feeling the effects of the weather emotionally as well as physically, but getting myself to the gym and really pushing myself hard is the only way to break through it! I think the key is even if you can't get to the gym because it's just that bad out, it is still really important to get your heart rate up once a day, if for no other reason then to keep your mood elevated. So having a workout video laying around to do in your living room is a great idea, or a jump rope, or just do jumping jacks. Mix in some squats and push ups. Even if you aren't getting the best workout of your life, doing a few things while watching TV will really help keep you in the grove. Just do sit ups during commercial breaks (they end up being way longer than you realize!) and/or push ups and it will really be beneficial to your overall health, both mentally and physically!

FYI Moment: So I don't know how many of you have heard of Quinoa, but it is a great replacement for rice or potatoes on your plate. It is a high protein complex carb, so it offers a lot more than rice or potatoes! It cooks just like rice, I do it right in my rice cooker!

No comments:

Post a Comment