Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tomatoes for the WIN!


Had a friend show me a new healthy recipe tonight, so I'm sharing it with you!

It's called seafood diablo pasta.

You'll need:
Bag of cherry tomatoes
Whole Wheat linguine pasta
Can of minced clams in clam juice
Spinach
Crushed red pepper flakes
About 2 Handfuls of Shrimp (I use precooked, de-veined, de-tailed, frozen shrimp, but anything works)
olive oil
garlic

Start by heating the garlic and oil in the pan, then add the halved cherry tomatoes and let simmer. Add the clam juice, not the clams, and red pepper flakes based on how spicy you want it to be. I LOVE it spicy so I put a lot in =) Once the tomatoes have reduced to the point where they are soft, but not mush, add the spinach. Let the spinach reduce a little, then add the shrimp (do this step earlier if they aren't already cooked) Next step add the already cooked linguine and clams and mix it all together! Top it off with some Parmesan if you want!


FYI Moment: Tomatoes are loaded with Lycopene. What's that you ask? It's a powerful antioxident, it protects cells and other structures in the body from oxygen damage. It is also a powerful cancer fighter! All in all they are great for you (Just stick to the RED tomatoes)

2 comments:

  1. So I just finished eating it, and let me say YUM! Simple but delicious. Let me know if you try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, I'll have to giveit a go.

    ReplyDelete