Sunday, January 10, 2010

Here's to the Start

Nutrition is the key to life. I know that sounds seriously cliche, but it really is true. Losing weight is 80% food, and 20% exercise. See how much food counts! But even if losing weight isn't your goal, eating right gives you energy, can prevent disease, and can combat depression! Ok enough with the tag lines, its probably stuff you've all heard before anyways.
Here's the thing... I love food, and I love to eat! Luckily I also love to cook! I have been experimenting with lots of different recipes to create healthy YUMMY food that is within my calorie range. I currently eat about 1500-1700 calories a day, and yes that includes my alcohol! So I like to make my calories count. I could eat out at lets say Rubios and get their grilled grande bowl without the sauce and it would be around 550 calories. Or I could make spicy shrimp tacos at home using olive oil and cayenne pepper to marinate the shrimp, putting them on corn tortillas and throwing on some red onion and cilantro...all for around 300 calories!
I don't know everything yet, but I keep reading and learning everyday! This blog is new to me and all of my posts will look a little different, but it will all be focused on my main goal of HealthWeis.

FYI Moment: (these will be little tips, advice, or knowledge at the end of my posts) I'm 25 and yes I like to drink...So here's something to keep in mind. Think 100 calories a shot of alcohol, keep your alcohols clear and your mixers calorie free...diet soda or club soda with lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment